BISFed is pleased to offer the International BISFed Referee course in Bahrain. This course will enable successful candidates to Referee at International level Boccia competitions.
- Arrival date: 2 November 2022
- Course: 3-5 November 2022
- Referee on court: 6-7 November 2022
- Departure date: 8 November 2022
*Trainees interested in attending the whole competition will depart on the 12 November.
The course is open to all National Level Referees. Entries are open to all members, however priority will be given to members within Asia and Oceania. The candidates must meet the following criteria:
- To have been a National Referee for a minimum of 2 years.
- To have a minimum of 45 matches as a referee
- Have been active as a National Referee in the last two years before the date of the International Referee Course (Excluding any year(s) without BISFed or National sanctioned Tournaments)
- Good knowledge of both written and spoken English. Note: Before being accepted, an initial oral test will be done by phone or videoconference with each candidate, if English is not their first language. This will be carried out by course trainers.
- Being able to make a measurement.
- Being able to stop a ball.
- Being able to do the Referees Gestures/signs.
Interested candidates must respond to this email no later than 29 September and send:
- a cover letter,
- a resume,
- a support letter from the BISFed Member
- a copy of their logbook — logbooks should show the number of matches with the dates
if English is not thier first language, provide availability of three 15 minutes slots between 3-6 October and mobile phone number for WhatsApp contact. The trainers will decide which of the three slots to speak to the candidate and will inform them.
Places available are limited. BISFed will let members know by 10 October if the application has been accepted.
Find the information pack here and the International Referee course requirements here (note that due to the pandemic, there is a slight modification in activity period — Excluding any year(s) without BISFed or National sanctioned Tournaments).
Applications should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.