SDSC is hiring a Lead Coach for SPEX Scholar multiple Paralympic Games gold medalist para swimmer.
The Lead Coach will work in collaboration with the Performance Director / National coach in designing and developing a world class individual programme that has, at its foundation, the support of innovative and driven sports science and sports medicine expertise.
The post holder will:
- Be a driving force in the implementation and collaboration of programmes designed and structured to improve the athlete at a rate that she can maintain or advance present rankings statistically against all athletes within female the S2 classification.
- Work in a manner that ensures the athlete’s welfare. Actively contribute towards maintaining a positive sports environment and culture.
- Will create and maintain an environment that is empathetic to the needs and welfare of the athlete both socially and professionally within a positive and progressive sporting culture.
- Share knowledge, experience and expertise, with other coaches and practitioners within the National programme.
- Assist in the coaching and development of programmes for identified elite Para swimmers in Singapore.
We expect the Lead Coach to be able to demonstrate:
- A successful track record of coaching Para swimmers, in multiple classifications, to medal success at Paralympic Games / World Championship events.
- Use and excellent understanding, of sports science / sports medicine in an holistic programme from design to implementation, (including monitoring and interventions), that have led to performance improvements.
- Possession of an internationally recognised coaching qualifications, along with extensive vocational success with Para swim athletes at the highest level.
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with athletes, colleagues and others in the wider team.
Apply now at the MyCareersFuture website here.